I will remain calm.
I am not freaking out.
But I would forgive myself if I did freak out. You see, I was at the supermarket fish counter, turned my head, and saw this:
…and I threw up a little bit in my mouth.
Not because it’s a crazy Texas cowboy Santa with a cactus and a penguin, but because I am NOT READY to deal with Christmas yet.
By this time last year, I had already:
- – mixed up new Christmas music playlists
- – put together a Christmas party outfit
- – selected the Christmas-ey scent for my home
- – bought my Christmas cards
- – selected gifts for the nieces and nephews
- – I was very close to buying a tree and decorating
- – photoshopped my dogs to look like reindeer
- – had a plan for wrapping and shipping everything off to our family and friends
But mostly, I had:
KNIT MORE THAN TWELVE CHRISTMAS GIFTS, and I did it all without ever stepping into a mall.
Clearly, Christmas is going to be different this year. Not bad, but different.
Just as long as I don’t freak out because I can’t be Martha Stewart this time.