June 27th, 2012

Learn to Knit a Spiral Scarf

I wrote this pattern with a couple of goals in mind – first, I wanted a pretty way to show off really beautiful yarn. Second, I wanted to make a scarf that used just one hank of the beautiful yarn, and therefore knits up quickly and makes a great gift.

And here it is! The spiral is a traditional scarf shape, but I’ve put my own twist on it. (Ha – see what I did there?) The spirals in this scarf are broad and really show off the yarn, and we use wraps and turns in the knitting to keep the garter stitch fabric smooth and even.

This pattern is a FREE RAVELRY DOWNLOAD, and includes a link to a free video tutorial (video is also available at the bottom of this post).

Size: any length you like – using one hank of the recommended yarn will make a scarf that is about 52” long
Needles: Size 7 US (4.5mm), circulars or straights
Yarn: 1 hank of Hazel Knits DK Lively yarn (275 yards, 140 grams), I used the color “Vamp”
Additional Materials: a row counter is a good idea, you’ll also need a tapestry needle for weaving in ends
Gauge: 5 stitches per inch in garter stitch

Be sure to check out my other video tutorials.

And the video –

1. Thank you!

Comment by Gwen Diaz — June 27, 2012 @ 10:44 am

2. Thanks so much for the pattern this is so pretty I think I will have a go at it. Once I finish my other projects. I am making a hat for my secret sister and i would love to have a scarf to go with it.

Comment by Akhila — June 27, 2012 @ 10:59 am

3. I love this scarf,thank you!

Comment by megan — June 27, 2012 @ 1:39 pm

4. Thanks for the pattern, video and newsletters. You don’t know how helpful you have been. I learned to knit socks and now I can’t wait to start this pretty scarf.
    The green wrap/scarf in the background is also pretty. What is the name of the pattern?
    Martha

Comment by Martha — June 27, 2012 @ 2:12 pm

5. Great Tutorial as always. I love this scarf. I am planning on making some for Christmas Gifts.
    I already started one for myself. I am using Caron Simply Soft yarn in a pale yellow shade.
    Thank You so much for your career in Knitting.

Comment by Grace Mae — June 27, 2012 @ 3:31 pm

6. Thanks once again Staci for your generousity!

Comment by Jan — June 27, 2012 @ 5:57 pm

7. can’t wait to make one (and another, and another, and . . . )

great video

Thank you, Staci !

Comment by Pammie — June 27, 2012 @ 7:39 pm

8. Thank you Staci! I have the perfect DK skein waiting for this in my stash! And I LOVE your nails, so beautiful in every video! You make knitting an elegant discipline. :)

Comment by christelle — June 28, 2012 @ 7:57 am

9. Thank you, I am digging into my stash today. I think it would be a great road trip project!!

Comment by Sheryl — June 28, 2012 @ 10:04 am

10. I’ve done this scarf before, but I forgot how to do it!

Comment by Rachel Viosca — June 29, 2012 @ 9:28 am

11. I’ll admit, the whole wrap & turn thing had me intimidated before. I tried doing it once, early in my learning-to-knit days, got confused, and never attempted it again. I realize now, after watching your great video, how simple it really is. Thank you for that! I can hardly wait to try this pattern. I love the idea of being able to buy a single skein of luxury yarn, and actually being able to do something pretty with it. :-)

Comment by Renna — July 1, 2012 @ 6:22 pm

12. Thank you for sharing this pattern.

Comment by sara — July 3, 2012 @ 12:40 pm

13. I am about halfway finished with this scarf and following the instructions carefully but mine looks like an S shape and when you straightened yours out in the video it looked like a straight line to wear as a ruffle scarf…have I done something wrong?

Comment by Nancy — July 9, 2012 @ 2:46 pm

14. Hi Nancy – It sounds like you may have changed directions on your scarf at least once if you’re not getting the spiral/ruffle shape. I address this in the video – if you forget to work the last WS row (and knit back), you will end up with a different shape. Feel free to send me a photo if you’d like me to take a look.

Comment by s t a c i — July 9, 2012 @ 2:52 pm

15. Thanks for an exceptional tutorial. The scarf is going to make a great Christmas gift. I plan to knit several. Thanks for giving us your time and expertise! Your tutorials have really helped and inspired me as well, I’m sure, many new knitters! Bless you!

Comment by jean — July 11, 2012 @ 7:05 am

16. Oh my goodness. I am just a kid and I am already fascinated by knitting because of you. This is by far the cutest scarf EVER and I’m trying to make one. I am a slow knitter and so I haven’t completed much of it yet, so wish me luck!!!

Comment by Olivia — July 13, 2012 @ 6:20 pm

17. I love this scarf, thank you so much for sharing it with us. You are truly a gifted teacher and Fiber Artist!

Comment by Eia — July 21, 2012 @ 3:51 pm

18. How truly blessed we are to have you! Thank you soooo much for the amazing work you do and making everything so understandable. I am looking forward to becoming a seasoned knitter…and you are definately helping me. I am starting this project right away :-) Be blessed!

Comment by Patricia — July 24, 2012 @ 6:47 pm

19. do just knit properley or do you have to do the double knitting thing

Comment by hghjdjk — July 26, 2012 @ 5:29 am

20. Hi Staci, sarted knitting late last night and dropped a stitch, am thinking should start again cos I think not that easy to pick up the stitch with the wrap and turn?

Comment by cathy — August 6, 2012 @ 4:25 pm

21. Love this video & pattern. I used a little bit heavier yarn but it still works fine. I always have trouble choosing the right yarn. I’m using Knitpicks swish worsted in ‘Dublin’ [what a wonderful luscious green!]

Comment by Terri — August 18, 2012 @ 8:56 am

22. Love this pattern and your video is fantastic. I’m not good at picking out yarn can you give me some suggestions?

Comment by Susie — August 19, 2012 @ 12:19 pm

23. thank you so much for this video. I am 79 years old and have lost a week of my life trying to perfect the wrap and turn. I have watched countless other videos but this was the one that made it every clear.

Comment by eileen — August 22, 2012 @ 5:39 am

24. I love this pattern. I didn’t think I wanted to spend that much for the yarn you suggested cause I wasn’t sure I could do a good job knitting it, so I chose an acrylic yarn. It actually looks pretty good except I forgot I would have to use 2 balls of yarn and joining the second ball shows on one side. Do you have any suggestions how to remedy that? Love your videos, by the way.

Comment by Bobbie — September 18, 2012 @ 8:08 am

25. Hi Bobbie – if you understand the technique for weaving in ends, and you’re unhappy with how it looks on your scarf, the best thing I can recommend is to un-weave the end again, and try it once more. Beyond that, you may find that the look improves after you wash/block the scarf, or you can try applying some steam to it and giving it a tug to see if that helps.

Comment by s t a c i — September 18, 2012 @ 8:44 am

26. This looks like a really fun scarf to knit! I have quite a large stash of yarn so I may use this pattern for that stash. Quick question, would you mind if I sold any of the items I make using your patterns? I know some people would prefer that items made from their patterns not be sold, so I just wanted to double check, just in case.

Thanks!!!

Comment by Laura — September 20, 2012 @ 12:49 pm

27. Hello Ms. Staci! I’m making a spiral scarf! It is so fun!!!!!!

Comment by Rachel Viosca — September 20, 2012 @ 6:56 pm

28. I just love this scarf! And it’s a free pattern!!! :)

Comment by Audrey — September 20, 2012 @ 8:18 pm

29. thanks so much for the video and instructions for this scarf. I have been looking for such a pattern and I know that the girls in my knittng club will also want a copy of this. Thank you again

Comment by Liz — September 25, 2012 @ 8:48 am

30. This looks like a great challenge for me. I wanted to do something different and this will certainly teach me something new. Thank you so much for sharing the pattern and providing a video tutorial as well :)

Marie

Comment by Toni — October 5, 2012 @ 8:12 am

31. Thank you very much for the videos. I do have a question. Is every “turn” necessarily a “wrap and turn”? Also, I have seen the wrap and turn as, slip stitch, bring yarn to front, then slip stitch back. Are there more than one way, and how do we know how to tell the difference. Thank you once again.

Comment by Deborah — October 9, 2012 @ 7:48 pm

32. Sorry, I meant, in other patterns, is every turn a wrap and turn.

Comment by Deborah — October 9, 2012 @ 7:50 pm

33. Deborah – no, not every “turn” is a “wrap and turn”. (This spiral scarf requires wrap & turns, but not every pattern does.) Your pattern should specify which one it requires.

To answer your second question, the description you gave of the wrap is the same one I give. The only difference is that I complete the entire wrap before turning the work. Your description only gives instructions for part of it, then you turn the work, and pull the yarn forward to purl a row (or work a purl stitch, or not). Different designers/patterns call for different things. What I demonstrate is standard, and what I use in the patterns I design.

Comment by s t a c i — October 9, 2012 @ 10:14 pm

34. Thank you! Yes, this definitely helps. I love your website and often recommend it. Keep up the good work and Have A Great Day!

Comment by Deborah — October 10, 2012 @ 7:07 am

35. Okay, this is going to be hard to explain, and perhaps the answer should have been self-evident, but it wasn’t to me. And just for the record, this is the second spiral-type scarf I have made, using two different patterns, and neither pattern explicitly mentions this little, but essential “tip”.

While one is knitting, the spiral naturally begins to form and spirals in one specific direction. This direction continues throughout the knitting process. This forms, for lack of a better metaphor, a bell-within-a-bell shape.

When you have completed the scarf, however, if you hold it by the middle and let the ends hang, the last “bell” on one side is going to invert (by force of gravity) and hang rather unattractively, which caused me some consternation.

After experiencing this twice, with the two scarves, and looking at your picture of the completed scarf, I finally figured out (well, duh) that one has to, at some point (presumably in the back of the neck area), reverse the “direction” of the spiral so that both ends look the same and the “bells” hang correctly. In effect, you turn half of the scarf inside out.

Presumably, you figured this out during the blocking stage, after washing the scarf possibly negated the natural spiral direction. However, were one to skip blocking (a sin, I know), this “redirection” might not be so obvious.

Thanks, and sorry my explanation was so convoluted.

Comment by dms — October 12, 2012 @ 9:42 am

36. Yes – you are correct. The scarf hangs on one side, bell-within-a-bell, then flattens out at the neck and then spins the other way, so that the two sides hang identically.

I figured this out as I was designing it. I wasn’t able to picture how the other side would hang, so I considered knitting two identical halves and seaming them together in the center. Then, after I got a couple of feet finished, I realized that the other side could twist in the opposite direction, for a mirror-image effect.

Thanks for the note! Sounds to me like you’ve got it all figured out.

Comment by s t a c i — October 12, 2012 @ 10:02 am

37. Thank you for another wonderful pattern and tutorial. First, I tried the entrelac scarf (which is now more than halfway done) and now this. Fantastic!

Comment by Heather — October 19, 2012 @ 7:57 pm

38. Hi I would love to make this spiral scarf on my scarf loom kit. Is it possible to make it out of the loom? If so, can you provide a step by step instructions?

Any help is greatly appreciated,
    Mary

Comment by Mary — November 12, 2012 @ 2:16 pm

39. Hi Mary – sorry, I’ve never loom knitted before, and I’m totally unfamiliar with how to do it. Sorry I can’t be of more help.

Comment by s t a c i — November 12, 2012 @ 2:41 pm

40. Thanks, Staci for the prompt reply. I appreciate it. No problem.

Mary

Comment by Mary — November 12, 2012 @ 3:09 pm

41. Just finished my first scarf and I love it. The only thing I noticed is that about at the 8th row the stitches look like an error has been made. It was a continuing thing. Did I make a mistake?

Comment by Susie — November 21, 2012 @ 10:35 am

42. Sorry the e mail was incorrect in the message I just sent.

Comment by Susie — November 21, 2012 @ 10:36 am

43. Hi Susie – I can’t be sure if you made a mistake or not without seeing the scarf. If you’re happy with the way it looks, consider it a design feature!

Comment by s t a c i — November 21, 2012 @ 4:31 pm

44. Love the spiral scarf…my sister- in- law was doing one and she told me about your wonderful website. The instructional videos are super. My first scarf turned out great and I am currently working on others as gifts for Christmas.

Comment by Sandy — November 23, 2012 @ 8:37 pm

Can I use size 10.5 needles instead of size 7 or will that make a bad difference in the pattern?
    Lailani

Comment by Lailani — November 28, 2012 @ 9:15 am

46. Lailani – your scarf will not look like the one here in the pattern photo, but you might like the way it looks. You will have to give it a try…I haven’t tried that myself.

Comment by s t a c i — November 28, 2012 @ 9:18 am

47. Thanks for the prompt answer. Really appreciate it. By the way this is the 11 year old girl who made the comment on your video tutorials I case you haven’t seen the comment already. Big fan by the way.

Comment by Lailani — November 28, 2012 @ 7:35 pm

48. One more question Staci. Is the spiral scarf good for cold weather when I use the right yarn or can I use any type of yarn?

Comment by Lailani — November 29, 2012 @ 7:49 am

49. I love how your presentation/tutorial. I’m doing the spiral scarf, I’m palnning to make plenty for christmas gift. I’m doing it right now. I notice as I’m going on I haven’t notice the spiral. Do I need to knit all the way after I did all the wrapth? I’m confuse. Please help me. Thank you!

Comment by Joie — December 1, 2012 @ 10:30 am

50. Hi Joie – thank you for the note. Yes, you need to work the repeat several times through before you start to see the spiral. I think I had to have more than 4″ completed before it started to naturally twist. Hope that helps!

Comment by s t a c i — December 1, 2012 @ 1:59 pm

Thank you for a beautiful scarf pattern!! I have one question…if I skip row 11 (picking up the wraps) and just knit rows 11 and 12 will the scarf spiral? I have been playing around with it a little and it seems like it will still work. I agree with you that picking up the wraps gives a nicer finished look. However, the scarf is for me and I would like to wear it this weekend. So I am trying to cut a few corners to save time. Thank you for your assistance.

Comment by Bonnie — December 12, 2012 @ 10:48 am

52. Bonnie – yes, it should still spiral. Picking up the wraps makes the work look neater, but they do not contribute to the spiral shape.

Comment by s t a c i — December 12, 2012 @ 10:58 am

53. Thank You ! Great tutorial !Now I will tried the entrelac scarf .

Comment by Lucyna — December 23, 2012 @ 6:49 pm

54. Staci, got my wool, needles, and supplies, ready to start and learn a new scarf. I will wait on the other scarf. I’m not advanced enough in my knitting skill. That’s your job to get me there. I can teach you needlepoint, cross stitch, and pottery. Just let me know. :) Thanks so much.
    Nancy

Comment by Nancy Christy — January 10, 2013 @ 6:21 pm

55. Traci, what is a tapestry needle? What are they used for? I am googling it to try to understand the use. I went to a knit shop, and they didn’t have them. They were low on supplies. Off to JoAnns?
    Nancy

Comment by Nancy Christy — January 10, 2013 @ 8:54 pm

56. Nancy – tapestry needles are these big, blunt-ended sewing needles, used for weaving in ends. They can be bent like this, or straight: http://www.knitpicks.com/cfaccessories/accessory_display.cfm?ID=80599

Comment by s t a c i — January 10, 2013 @ 11:22 pm

57. I just finished this scarf. I enjoyed it so much. I have learned so much from your site. Thank you!

Comment by Molly Windsor — January 20, 2013 @ 4:00 pm

58. hello,i tried to make it and could go on smoothly up to the stage u have shown in the video.What to do next to continue it I mean do we have to continue the same procedure with 12, 10 ,8…?

Comment by qurrat — February 4, 2013 @ 3:44 am

59. Qurrat – you want to follow the pattern. In the video, I demonstrate the technique, and the technique is the same throughout the 12-row repeat. Once you finish those 12 rows, you go back to Row 1 and work them again (and again), until you are nearly out of yarn, or desired length.

Comment by s t a c i — February 4, 2013 @ 8:12 am

60. Hi Staci. It has been great fun learning from the tutorial video. I’ve learned the wrap and turn and pick up the wrap, I think. I do have one question. One side looks different than the knit side at the point where the wrap and turns are. Is this normal…or correct? I would say is this the back side? I have a second unrelated question about the age of teaching children to knit. I am assuming you probably learned as a little girl. What is the best age and technique to teach my Granddaughter, 5, how to knit? Thank you so much for all you have done to make knitting fun.
    Nancy

Comment by Nancy Christy — February 4, 2013 @ 5:47 pm

61. Nancy – it’s difficult for me to answer your question without seeing your work. Yes, one side will look different from the other…remember a knit stitch on one side is a purl on the back side. If you’re having tension issues, it will appear more than if your tension is even. That just takes practice.

As far as learning to knit – I learned at about age 5. I think it really depends on the kid and their ability to focus.

Comment by s t a c i — February 4, 2013 @ 6:21 pm

Thanks for the awesome video and pattern. I’m doing great and I found out it takes a lot of time and work, but it’s worth it because it turned out great. ^_^

Comment by kangying — February 12, 2013 @ 1:11 pm

63. STACI, my scarf is coming along great. I am going to love, love, love it.
    Nancy

Comment by Nancy Christy — February 21, 2013 @ 7:51 am

64. Staci, I really want to do this scarf, but my very pretty wool is of a lighter weight. Can I increase the number of stitches in each row, and how do I calculate that? Or would it be easier to knit in two strands, which would provide the weight.
    Thanks for creating a wonderful site.

Pat

Comment by Patricia — February 27, 2013 @ 6:26 pm

65. Pat – I would double the strands to get gauge, without changing the pattern. There is a chance you’ll loose the tight spiral twist if you alter the careful balance I created.

Comment by s t a c i — February 27, 2013 @ 6:45 pm

66. Do you have to repeat the rows in order to get the spiral design? I’m honestly don’t know.

Comment by Analie — March 23, 2013 @ 7:50 am

67. Hi there Stacy, Thank you for your kintting tutoraials. Watching you videos has made it very learning to knit.

Comment by Charles Ford — March 26, 2013 @ 2:13 pm

68. Just wanted to say thanks for this. It knits up surprisingly quickly and once you get into it is very easy (thanks to your very straightforward and clear videos). I needed presents for two people and had no money but some pretty glittery leftover wool. The scarves turned out beautifully and my friends were were thrilled.

Deb

Comment by Deb — March 28, 2013 @ 5:09 am

69. thanks heaps for this pattern. I talked about making it in my blog. I would love to add a link in my blog to your web site.

thanks

Cricket

Comment by Cricket — April 30, 2013 @ 10:38 pm

70. I am crocheting a cowboy hat and the directions are telling me to spiral to finish the brim can you please tell me what that means

Comment by Esther — June 19, 2013 @ 4:44 pm

71. Esther – sorry, I don’t know. That can mean a lot of different things. I suggest you contact the pattern designer with your question, or check the pattern on Ravelry.com to see how other people are handling this.

Comment by s t a c i — June 19, 2013 @ 4:51 pm

72. This was a very helpful video and pattern. Thank you for sharing it. I had been looking for a this exact thing for about a year now and stumbled upon it yesterday, when I saw potato chip scarf or corkscrew , then your listing appeared. I had been searching spiral scarfs and kept getting patterns to increase from 100 +++++. It was just too cumbersome and not the look I wanted. Thank you again. Joan

Comment by Joan — June 23, 2013 @ 12:00 pm

73. Thank you for your wonderful tutorial. I made some lovely gifts and they look glamourously on any outfit!
    I would like to suggest a wrap and turn method base on what you taught to make it even easier for all.
    That is, to pick up the horizontal wrapping yarn before turning.
    Then the needle would show a cross stitch/double stitch hanging. It works well for counting and control of tension.
    And your designs for the overall knits are the best so far !

Comment by Citigal — August 6, 2013 @ 11:54 am

74. Hi Staci, Thanks for the pattern and tutorial. I finished the scarf a couple of months ago and want to block it. Do you suggest rolling it back into its “bagel” shape and letting it dry that way? I’m not sure how to approach blocking this because of the spiral shape. Many thanks.

Comment by Lynn — August 24, 2013 @ 10:09 am

75. Hi Lynn – When I blocked mine, I just shaped it into a long spiral, pretty tightly. Then after the top dried, I flipped it over and did the same thing. I’m sure a bagel shape would work fine, too!

Comment by s t a c i — August 24, 2013 @ 10:35 am

76. Hi, Stacie! Thank you so much for posting the pattern; it’s really great. My friend asked me to knit her a bigger one though so what bigger number of cast-on stitches can I use? Please answer. Thank you!

Comment by Lacey — August 26, 2013 @ 12:01 pm

77. Sorry for spelling your name wrong, Staci.

Comment by Lacey — August 26, 2013 @ 12:02 pm

78. Lacey – you will probably have to test knit a wider scarf yourself to see what you like, because it probably depends on the width you want, plus the yarn and needles you’ll be using. When I wrote this pattern I tried out wider widths, and I found that the spiral shape worked best as I’ve written it in the pattern. There are different ways of working a spiral, and if you search Ravelry for other spiral scarves (also called potato chip scarves), you may find something you like there, that is written to be wider. Good luck!

Comment by s t a c i — August 26, 2013 @ 12:54 pm

79. i love your tutorial, but i can download the Ruffle Scarf instructions, because i do not have PDF. please could you email it to me. Thank you. norma

Comment by norma — August 31, 2013 @ 8:55 am

80. Norma – I’m afraid it won’t do any good for me to email you the pattern, since the pattern will still be PDF if I send it to you. To open PDF files, you need Adobe Reader, which is a free program. You can also open them in Google Docs.

Comment by s t a c i — August 31, 2013 @ 11:13 am

81. Beautiful!!!

Saludos desde Chile!

Comment by Jenny Rivera — September 30, 2013 @ 6:59 am

82. AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO STARTING THIS PROJECT, AS I DID A LOVELY SCARF A FRIEND TAUGHT ME AND FOUND OUT WE DIDN’T REALLY DO IT THE RIGHT WAY. WE BOTH HAVE A LITTLE SPECIAL DESIGN IN OUR SCARVES. SO NOW AM EXCITED TO LEARN A NEW…THE VIEDO IS GREAT…THANK-YOU SO MUCH!

Comment by Beverly Cooper — October 20, 2013 @ 12:05 pm

83. […] In truth, I get more excited about patterns than I do about yarn.  I don’t have a yarn stash.  That said, I could knit with Hazel Knits DK Lively every day for the rest of my life.  The colors are so rich, and the stitch definition is perfect.  I love it so much that I designed a pattern (and video tutorial) out of the yarn, Learn to Knit a Spiral Scarf. […]

Pingback by loveknitting blog » Blogger of the Week – Staci Perry from www.verypink.com — October 28, 2013 @ 3:49 am

84. U r amazing Stacie

Comment by Prakriti — December 21, 2013 @ 5:06 am

I know I’ve been asking you a lot of questions– and thank you for taking out time to answer them :) I really appreciate it. I was wondering if I can knit a flower pattern in this scarf or even to spice it up a little bit maybe bubbles to make it look like polka dots? If I can; is there a link where I can buy the pattern? For any general flowers or to knit a square/circle/heart etc. in middle of a scarf or blanket or any project. I learnt knitting like a month ago.. I just finished a scarf, a baby blanket and the coasters. I am loving to knit.. whenever I see a new pattern I become super excited & I cant wait to start it :) Is there any place on your site or any other place which has the explained pattern to knit shapes? I really appreciate your help and tips :) Thanks.
    -Shay

Comment by Shay — January 2, 2014 @ 11:24 am

86. Shay – I don’t recommend trying to alter this pattern, because you will lose the spiral shape if you do! I have a tutorial on crocheted flowers here:

Comment by s t a c i — January 2, 2014 @ 11:36 am

87. […] v e r y p i n k . c o m » Learn to Knit a Spiral Scarf. Looks like I am speed catching up on my blogging.  Feeling guilty for the neglect.  *insert sad face*  Haha, hope your weekend is a good one!  ~GMa Ellen   […]

Pingback by v e r y p i n k . c o m » Learn to Knit a Spiral Scarf | G-Ma Ellen's Hands – Adventures in Crochet and Knit — February 23, 2014 @ 11:38 am

88. Hi Staci. Thank you for a wonderful tutorial. I was wondering if one could use Japanese short rows for the turning instead of the wrap and turn method? I love this pattern but as well as I try, those wrap and turns do a number on me and send me right to the wine bottle! Thanks so much for all you do for us knitters!

Comment by Jessica — March 27, 2014 @ 8:28 pm

89. Jessica – you can try Japanese short rows instead of traditional w&ts, and see how it looks. I would probably not recommend Japanese short rows for this pattern, however, since Japanese short rows look GREAT on one side only. The other side suffers a bit because of how good it looks on the right-side. And in this spiral scarf, both sides show.

But it’s probably worth swatching it out!

Comment by s t a c i — March 27, 2014 @ 9:16 pm

90. Staci, Is DK weight and worsted weight the same or is DK heavier?

Comment by Melissa S — May 1, 2014 @ 2:12 pm

91. Melissa – Worsted is heavier than DK. This chart should help:

Comment by s t a c i — May 1, 2014 @ 3:34 pm

92. Thank you Staci for all your help

Comment by Melissa S — May 1, 2014 @ 5:21 pm

93. Thank you for this great pattern and clear tutorial! I’m going to try making it for charity with some leftover fun fur, then make some for gifts. Great summer knitting! Ps- I love the birds in the background. So relaxing ????

Comment by Amy — May 19, 2014 @ 9:34 pm

94. (That was a smiley face, not question marks).

Comment by Amy — May 19, 2014 @ 9:37 pm