You’re probably going to spend between 40 and 100 hours knitting a sweater, here are some very specific things you can do to make sure the sweater fits when it’s finished.
The six steps:
1. Choose the correct size (video on that here)
2. Knit a swatch (video on that here)
3. Mark changes you know you’ll want to make on the schematic
4. Knit the sweater!
5. Try it on, write down actual measurements and changes you want to make when it’s wet
6. Wash sweater according to yarn label instructions, set out flat to dry (block) according to what you’ve indicated in Step 5
Information on things you’ll see in this video:
The sweater in the thumbnail photo is the Arrowhead Cardigan, more info on my Ravelry page here.
My beautiful wood pen can be found at here on Etsy.
The nail polish I’m wearing is by Julep, color “Janie”.
My silver ring is actually a knitting needle gauge, and can be found here.