This cast-on is great for the brim of hats, and can be easily substituted in if the hat pattern calls for a regular 2×2 rib.
You can see my 1×1 Tubular Cast-On video here.
Instructions for working this cast-on:
1. Using a provisional cast-on and scrap yarn, cast-on HALF of the total number of stitches you need.
2. Starting at the slip knot end with a knit row, knit 4 rows of stockinette stitch (knit a row. purl a row).
3. Remove the provisional cast-on and slip those stitches on to another needle, line up those needles.
4. Knit 2 knit stitches from the front needle, 2 purls from the back needle, repeat those Ks and Ps across all of the stitches.
5. If you are joining in-the-round, this is the time to join in-the-round.
The yarn I used for demonstration is Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Bulky.
The needles I use for demonstration are Knitter’s Pride Bamboo DPNs.
My nail polish is by Julep, color “Evan”.