The Fiona Baby Sundress is a pattern I released about 4 years ago. I’m re-releasing it today to include an updated pattern, larger size range (newborn to Child Size 2), and a six-part video tutorial.
The fact is, I’m way better at this whole pattern writing thing than I was four years ago.
This pattern is available as a free Ravelry download. The video is available at the bottom of this post, and links to the six parts are listed in the pattern.
Yarn: Worsted-weight cotton in two colors for main color (MC) and contrasting color (CC).
– 0-3 months: 170 yards in MC, 60 yards in CC
– 3-6 months: 190 yards in MC, 65 yards in CC
– 6-12 months: 220 yards in MC, 70 yards in CC
– 12-24 months: 235 yards in MC, 75 yards in CC
– Child Size 2: 260 yards in MC, 80 yards in CC
(For the pink dress pictured here, I used Bernat Cottontots, widely available at craft and fabric stores. I used 1 skein of Sweet Cream for the CC, and 1 skein of Cheeky for the MC. Note – I JUST had enough of the pink yarn to finish the dress in the smallest size, knit without any modifications. I ended up with about 1 yard leftover!)
– Size 7 US 16” circular needle (or longer cord if you prefer to use the magic loop method)
– Size 7 US double-pointed needles (DPNs)
– Cable needle
– Stitch marker
– Tape measure
– Tapestry needle for weaving in ends, attaching straps, and duplicate stitch motif
Gauge: 5 stitches per inch